August 21st - 24th, 2008Trias Family Camping Trip
Trece, Sung, Tyler, Sammy, Marivic, K-Eric, Christian, K-Efren, Jeremy, Remy, Alex, Grace, Alexia, Gabriel, Roy, Nida, Roy Jr., Ryan, and Max.
I can't tell you how much fun everyone had. Me family, Marivic, Christian and Kuya Eric started our trip to the mountains on Thursday at 3:00pm, we didn't get there until 10:00pm.
It was dark, I mean really dark. We were driving around in circles trying to figure out where to park. We finally found a spot but as soon as we set, this guy comes bursting out of his tent saying "Turn that light off!" I thought he was talking about the headlights from the car, apparently it was Marivics lamp. Dude was being an A**. He ticked me off and went over and burned his tent! hehe! JK! We moved to another locating. I told Marv I don't want to be neighbors with a dick.
Anyway, we finally found a spot and just set one of the tents up and called it a night. That morning we were laughing out loud cause we couldn't fine the restroom, apparently it was like 20 feet away from us, that just tells you how dark it was.

So anyway, we ended up settling within that area so everyone was within walking distance when Nida, Alex and Efren arrives. After unpacking we all went down Roads End and checked out the view. As you can see here it was very beautiful. Christian was the only one that when into the river to swim, such a brave guy, water is cold.
After that we went to the other side of the river near by our campground, the kids and K-Eric went down before me and I decided to join them thereafter with my dog Max. Marivic and Sung are so funny, they were so concern cause we haven't showed up for a while, so they got into the car and actually drove around the other campgrounds looking for us, when they could have just walked over to the river bank. Hello, did we forget to use our walkie-talkie? Our bad, all is well!
So it was getting dark and the kids and I decided to collect campfire wood for the night. I think the other half of the family showed up around 10:00 pm. Nida and Roy were having a fit because Jeremy threw up in their car during the drive through the curves up the mountains. Too funny and gross man!
Man, it was so peaceful and quiet until the other half of the troops arrive, you guys are loud man. It was cool though, there really wasn't anyone else around to bother. I mean there were a few campers here and there, beside we weren't to obnoxious. I can't believe how much food you guys brought, it was enough to supply us for the week; we were only going to be there for 3 days.So, the next morning we get ready to go to Roads End again to check out the area where you can jump off the rocks and into the water. First of all the picture you see here on your left is not actually the river from Kings Canyon, this picture is from river in the Philippines. Can't you tell? We're such FOBS. So K-Eric and K-Efren went inside the cold water river and I finally decided to go in myself, along with Roy and I think Alex joined in as well. Water was extremely cold, but once your body gets use to the temperature, then it was no big deal. It was actually nice.
Afterwards we walked over to the other end of the river where the rocks were. We seen people jumping off the big rock so we wanted to join in. Brave guy Christian was the first to go in, or was it me that went in first to give it a test drive. I think it was me, can't remember. That's what happens when I don't update this website right away instead waiting three months to post it. Anyway, the
jump was great, water was fine, and the current wasn't too strong. I think Christian and I went in together next, then K-Efren and Jeremy, then me and Tyler, then Christian again, Roy and Roy Jr., did Ryan go in with Roy? That was really fun.Afterwards we did a little fishing, I tried to show the kids how to fish but I just did not have the patience for it. Besides, the beer was getting to me. hehe! As the night entered, we just had a feast at our campsite, we had a lot of food, man that was a lot of food! Lots of drinking too. When we went to bed, some of the troops encountered bear activities in the campground, they did not actually see it but from the size of the damage, only a bear would have the strength to do it.
It was an exciting adventure and everyone who attended had lots of fun. It was almost perfect, next time we'll be more prepared with new camping accessories, we find little things that can become a big advantage. Definitely coming back at least twice for 2009. Hope everyone who joined had a blast,
until next year, we'll see you at Kings Canyon. We hope to see newcomers.
Don't forget to check out the other pictures from the other Blog Spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment